Removal of rack is not necessary for under-seat maintenance. Rack weighs 2lb. 3oz.. For users safety, load limit is 15lbs. Although this rack may carry more weight; our rack is not intended to carry heavy objects such as passengers.Features:
- CNC laser cut 1/4" thick 5052 aluminum
- Numerous strap slots and tie points
- Rotopax fuel pack, Givi Monolock topcase compatible (gas pack not included)
- 8 5/8" (L) -from gas cap to rear, 8 5/8" (W) at the widest point, 8 1/4" (W) at rear.
- Powder coated black (shot peened look)
- 15 minute installation. Drilling / trimming required for mounting point clearance on fender unit.
- Stainless hardware and mounting instructions included
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- KTM 690 Enduro R 2008-present
- KTM 690 SMR 2008-present
- Reviews (8)
Mostly easy to install
The Holes In the rear fender were a little tight for the mounting pegs. But they did fit with a little Gentle coherision. Rack allows me to use a bag and gas up without removing the bag.
Only useful to hold Rotopax
My buddy bought this rack for our 8-day, 1200-mile trip to Baja a few weeks ago. I have the Perun Moto rack with extension plate. The Nomadic Rack has many issues when compared to the Perun: 1) Slots are too narrow to easily get Rok Straps in 2) None of the edges are chamfered and the edges shredded both the Rok Straps looped on as well as the duffel we had on top of the rack 3) The included allen bolt heads stick out from the rack which also rub on luggage Just buy the Perun. It's worth the extra money to not ruin your gear.
I've been through two.....
I purchased two of these and both have broken near the front mounting points. Even though I was careful to not exceed the maximum recommended weight load, both racks have failed. The last one completely broke off and I didn't even realize it was gone. Fortunately, my buddy was riding behind me and he picked up the pieces from the trail. I do like the look of the rack but I would consider it a cosmetic upgrade and not for serious use.
Just mounted the Nomadic Rack on my 2017 690. It works great!
Very well built luggage rack. I wish it had more harness points, but the rack is a top notch product nonetheless.