G2's challenge was to improve control of over-responsive power characteristics of most fuel injected motorcycles. Their solution is the throttle tamer.
The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as they call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky “throttle snatch” especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation required to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel
- Included cam is removable and can be replaced with alternate cams (sold separately) to fine tune control
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables
- Works with all known aftermarket cruise controls
- Slide your grip unto the Throttle Tamer
-- You may have difficulties with installing this in conjunction with Oxford or KTM Heated Grips --
- Reviews (1)
G2 Throttle Tamer for the KTM 990 Adventure
The name of this product is very descriptive when used on the 990. The stock throttle tube makes this bike extremely difficult to ride at a steady speeds or when good throttle control is needed. It is almost like an on/off switch at lower speeds. The G2 with the 400 cam definitely gives it a smoother more linear feel. I highly recommend it.