You've found it. This is (in our humble opinion) the holy grail of batteries.
Why? Well, it's the only lithium battery contender with a fully integrated on-board battery management system. Sound like marketing mambo-jambo? It's not.
Brass tacks differentiators:
- It will protect itself from over-discharging.
- It will protect itself from over-charging.
- Due to the built-in management system, you can use a cheap/generic charger, rather than forking up for a specialty li-ion charger.
- EarthX makes these bad boys in Colorado, which we think is pretty cool (as opposed to shipping them from over seas).
- EarthX backs these up with a full value 2 year warranty, which is music to anyone's ears who has ever dealt with a "lemon" lithium battery.
If you're on one of the larger adventure bikes and tend to run a bunch of electronics/heated gear through winter weather, you may want to consider upgrading from the ETX24C to the "Ultra Cranking" ETX36C for some extra cold season ooomph.
Here's what EarthX has to say about them:
–Over discharge protection (#1 killer of all batteries and other brands do not protect against this and void the warranty)
–Over charge protection (Other brands do not protect against this and void the warranty)
–Built in cell balancing technology (Other brands must use a special balancing charger in order to level the charge of each cell. Your vehicle is what charges the battery most of the time, if you do not have built in cell balancing technology, how is your battery balanced while using it?)
– Short circuit protection up to 1,000 amps (Other brands void the warranty if you short the battery)
–Excessive cranking protection (Lithium technology is different than a lead acid battery and needs to be protected from heat)
–2 year full coverage warranty (Not a prorated warranty that offers you the replacement at a discounted rate if they don’t void the warranty)
–Unique and exclusive design (Custom design with the terminals down the center and most models come with solid brass terminal adapters for extremely easy installation)
– Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA
Why choose an EarthX lithium battery? S P E E D
S= SPEEDY CHARGING- EarthX ETX batteries will charge 2-3X faster than a lead acid battery.
P= POWERFUL and LONG LASTING- EarthX ETX batteries crank your engine over easily and will improve your starting performance as their nominal voltage is 13.3V compared to a lead acid which is only 12.6V. Also EarthX ETX batteries life span is much longer than a lead acid battery and can last years longer!
E= EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHT- EarthX ETX batteries are up to 80 percent lighter than their lead acid equivalents. Lighter weight = better performance! This saves an average of 2-3 lbs. for dirt bikes, 6-8 lbs. for street bikes and 10-20 lbs. for touring and cruiser bikes.
E= ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY- EarthX ETX batteries are environmentally and user friendly. Nonhazardous, nontoxic, nonpoisonous. Will not sulfate, will not corrode, will not freeze, will not boil over, will never need water added and will not spill acid EVER!
D= DISCHARGE RATE- EarthX ETX batteries have a much slower discharge rate than a lead acid and the need to charge them is greatly reduced.
PLEASE CALL WITH ANY FITMENT QUESTIONS
- ETX36C - 990/1090/1190/1290 Adventure/Dukr/RC8/SM "Ultra Crank"
- ETX24C - 990/1090/1190/1290 Adventure/Duke/RC8/SM
- ETX18F - 390/620/625/640/690 Enduro/Duke/RC
- ETX12A - 350/400/450/600/626 EXC/XC
- ETZ5G - 450 SX 2014+
Strong and Tough
Great product. Easy to fit the 1190 Adventure R with supplied foam spacers. Impressive cranking power. The battery survived a 100km/h crash that destroyed the bike.
Earth X battery
This battery does not fit the 2017 500 EXC-F Without cutting out some plastic. I assume the battery is fine but it will not fit without modifying the bike. Please remove the battery from the list of parts that will work with the 500 EXC-F.